Monday, March 10, 2008

One of the most screwy tournaments I've ever played

Tonight/this morning I played the $11 NL on Stars at 0300. I had only 1,670 at the first break. Barely more than my starting stack. Then in the 75/150 and the 100/200 levels I went on a nice run and got up to 12,000. When we were approaching the money bubble (top 90 paid, we were down to about 105) I got disconnected from Stars. My internet was working. I was posting on www.pocketfives.com. I don't know what the hell happened but 30-40 minutes later when it finally let me back on I had blinded down to 4,600 at the 400/800 level and we were in the money with 53 people left.

Well, I tripled up shortly after and then doubled that on the next orbit. Before I knew it I was in 4th with 22 remaining. I went pretty card dead and my steals weren't working and I started getting short again. I made it to the final table in 8th place out of the 9.

On the 3rd hand of the final table I get disconnected again. This time for only about 10-15 minutes. When I got back on we were 8 handed and I had 20,000 chips at the 2000/4000 level. I doubled that and doubled again later and somehow managed to take 6th place for $264.

Who knows what would have happened had I never got disconnected. Maybe I take a bad beat somewhere along the way and never make the FT. Maybe I make the FT with a lot more chips. I'll never know but it was an interesting ride for sure.


Later days

1 comment:

SluggerWV said...

Congrats on the great run Sir! Very good job! You are turning into a final table machine WEEEEEEEEEE